IMC Seed Programme 2017
Seed funding is a key instrument at IMC. It allows researchers to explore new fields, questions and collaborations and it may support pilot studies, which could be developed into full projects and applications.
- Seeds are sown to grow, that is, projects should be fast and feasible.
- The seed programme should allow talent development.
- Researchers can apply for data acquisition, running costs, participant payments, student helpers/assistants etc.
- Funding cannot be transferred from one year to the next. It is "use it or lose it".
Who can apply:
- Applicants are AU researchers (PhD students or Postdoc+ level) from School of Culture and Society, School of Communication and Culture, Danish School of Education, Department of Political Science, Department of Economics, Department of Management and/or Department of Clinical Medicine.
Seed funding comes in two batches, up to 30.000 DKK and up to 100.000 DKK. It is not an advantage that applications hit the full amount, unless motivated by the logic of the project.
You cannot apply for:
- Your own salary
- Infrastructure / Equipment
Please fill in the application form, including a detailed budget and a short abstract of the project outline (to be published on the IMC webpage if the project is granted).
- Research idea: Is this novel, interesting and feasible?
- Talent development: Can this bring the applicant forward?
- Synergy: Does this explore new possibilities in the centre, the disciplines, the world?
- Growth potential: what could grow from this seed: applications, collaborations, publications etc.
- Engagement with the interacting minds is preferred but not required.
- Fostering interdisciplinarity is preferred but not required.
- Projects must be terminated by December 31st 2017.
Deadline for applicants: Monday March 6th 2017 11:59
Applications must be sent by e-mail to Anne-Mette Pedersen, firstname.lastname@example.org.